A Wee Bit O' Class




It's hard to believe it was just over a year ago I was heading to Ireland. Ever since my adventure to the green land, my love for St. Patrick's Day has grown. So can we say we're surprised that I've made another holiday wreath? No...












I was really surprised at how difficult this one came to me. I was absolutely in love with my Valentine's wreath so I knew it was going to be hard to live up to. And I was right. I have had my St. Patrick fabric since the beginning of the year yet hadn't had any motivation to make this wreath. Total bummer. I still don't know that I am totally IN LOVE with this wreath..but it is growing on me. And of course, I did not save any of my wrappers so I can't tell you exactly what I bought. But I think that's the fun of it. You don't want your wreath to look exactly like mine. Make it your own. Have fun!



Here are some close ups of my wreath. I think the closer I look at it, the more I like it. And I hope that my wreath will grow on you too.

I did find my felt at Hobby Lobby. I'm pretty sure it's the only 2 colors of green they had. I know there's an olive green out there from some store...but it just didn't flow with my wreath. I can tell you that I did buy the fabric at Hobby Lobby. They only have like 5 St. Patrick's themed fabrics so you don't have too much to pick from. The yarn is by the lovely Vanna White. Yep. I had no idea she had her own yarn! Anyway, the color is mustard- one of my all time favorites! I recently found the glittery gold at JoAnn Fabrics. It's actually foam. I bought with the intention of using it to make "coins" but decided to give the rose a try. Glad I did! I still felt like something else was missing from the wreath so I added the gold "coins". I think that finally brought it all together for me.

I would say the wreath is definitely growing on me. The more I look at it, the more I love it. Aka the more I walk up to my door I think, "Yeah, I'm really starting to dig this wreath." I'll keep you posted if I make an Easter wreath. I'm already brainstorming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post