Goals...psssh.

So we're less than two weeks away from the first goal I set for myself. All I have to say is why. Why don't I have more time?! Friendly reminder that goal #1 was to be down 70 pounds by my sister's wedding (Sept 23). So how have things been going?

August continued to be a slow month. But the walks started back up again. Slowly...

It took a week in to August when I finally decided to kick my butt in to high gear. I was not going to get defeated that easily. So we walked. I hit my step target majority of the days in August. I was hopping on the scale each Saturday with high hopes of getting closer to my goal....but....

I think we hit the point of the plateau. The first week in August was great. Then the weight was flaking off. And by flaking I mean half a pound a week. Woof.

So, August came to a total of THREE AND A HALF pounds down. Whaaaaaat?! Yeah, it sucked. I was watching what I ate, back to walking, taking my vitamins. But, again, I reminded myself that I was still losing weight. Sometimes optimism/positivity is my middle name.

I also just want to take a moment to reflect back on something I said in another post about my appearance. I truly believe that because I see myself EVERY DAY I can't see much of a difference. In fact, someone just took a picture (it happens to show me from the side) and I still thought, "Ok girl, you have to reach goal #2." I just think I truly had an unrealistic view of myself.

First, I didn't really seeing myself as being huge when I was at my heaviest weight. I mean I knew I was overweight, but I didn't see myself as being HUGE. Looking back on pictures, and seeing my body now, I can now see how big I was. Honestly, I was just in denial. I didn't want to admit that I had gained as much weight as I had. I didn't gain the 90+ pounds in one year. The weight gain slowly started senior year of college (hello to consuming endless amount of cookie dough, alcohol, breadsticks, Taco Bell and chicken nuggets). I started slowly gaining weight over the last five years. But in two years I found myself gaining 40 pounds (thanks to stress and no time for myself). I know. That's not good. At all. And I'm not saying it is. It's insane. But I had let time get the best of me. Planning a wedding, going to grad school, teaching college classes, and working. Man. I just had no energy and it was so easy to resort to fast food. But that's not the only problem. I wasn't active. When I did have some time I wanted to relax and that's what I did. My stomach had also grown and I was eating more food than necessary. I found my portion sizes were getting bigger and I was eating more and more. I can't exactly pinpoint when this happened but it may have something to do with the all you can eat dining courts in college....

I just think this journey has been incredible. People always say you can gain weight much faster than dropping it but I think I've managed to surprise myself. I've already lost what I gained over two years in LESS THAN ONE YEAR. I feel like this is proof that people can do it. YOU CAN DO IT.

I'm not on some crazy diet. I'm not skipping meals. I'm not at the gym every waking hour. I'm just living a more conscience lifestyle. I am aware of what I'm eating and what choices I'll need to make later in the day. That could mean eating a healthier dinner or going on a longer walk. I'm being mindful, aware, open to trying new foods, and it's making a world of difference.

One last thing. I know I usually post by month but, since we're almost half way through September, I'm including that, too! September has already kicked some serious butt. I'm down 3.4 pounds bringing my overall total to 65.4 pounds. So no pressure, but I have 4.6 more pounds to go in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. I seriously have come to terms that regardless of the final weight on Sept 23rd, I'm still so damn proud of myself. I knew the goal wasn't going to be easy but I'll make it. I know I can do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post