Hello, it's me....

Yes, I'm alive. I promise. I honestly have been thinking about writing this post but it just hasn't happened. Mainly because I forget about it. I keep trying to think about a clever title, too, but it was time that I just sat down and wrote the darn thing.

So here's another post that belongs to more than one month. I'm starting to set a trend...which needs to change. Actually, a lot needs to change and you'll soon see why.

So November. I'm trying to remember what even happened. I know Thanksgiving happened, obviously, but what happened other than that? I honestly don't remember. Not one bit. This is what happens to me after the holidays. It all becomes a blur. I knew I should have blogged sooner!

So, based on my TWO logs in my app I can tell you that I managed to drop -1.2 pounds in November. But hey, I FINALLY MET MY GOAL... again.  I'll also add that I logged that weight two weeks in and maintained it after Thanksgiving which, I was darn proud of myself right there! I mean I was pretty freaking nervous about Thanksgiving. I knew there would be ALL of this YUMMY food. How could I possibly pass it up? It was hard. Really hard. I just had to tell myself "remember your portions." But all of the food! And it was so good! And the fact we had TWO meals in one day....that was rough. But the next day I got my butt outside and walked (I remember that because 1. I was home alone and 2. Instagram).

Then December came. We went to Disney, again. I seriously have no control there. Plus I feel like I am ALWAYS hungry. I think that's what walking nearly 30,000 steps a day does to me. And then I gained +2 pounds. And just like that my goal is, once again, gone in a flash. So back to reality and watching what I eat, only this time it's freaking Christmas. There are cookies EVERYWHERE. Our break room constantly had food. I kid you not. One week there were two different cakes, donuts, snacks...ALL BROUGHT IN ON DIFFERENT DAYS. WTH people. I'm trying to drop my Disney weight!

Sorry for the rant. But I think you all can empathize with me on that one. The Christmas temptation is real, y'all.

So back to some walking. But mainly trying to survive the end of the semester approaching, grades posting, all of the family activities happening, and trying to actually enjoy the holiday season. I felt like I had zero time this year to actually just sit and binge watch Hallmark Christmas movies. I just didn't feel the holiday cheer. This was devastating. Sound dramatic? Maybe to you but Christmas is my favorite season ( I say season since we start celebrating/decorating in November). So my walking stopped and the Christmas movie watching began. And then I was happy. And surrounded by family and food. Uh oh. More snacks? Yes, more snacks. I knew this time I needed to be extra careful because guess what? We were leaving for Disney on New Years Day. Yes, another trip. Only this time we would also go on a cruise. I knew there would be no dieting for that entire week. I was going to eat whatever the hell I wanted and love it!

Back to December. So I was careful on my portions and really watched that I didn't get too crazy with snacking. I finally lost the 2 pounds I gained back after Disney and then lost another pound. All during the Christmas season. It's a Christmas miracle. Nah, it's just me being smart. And not going too crazy on cookies (which was super hard). So I managed to end December still working towards my ultimate goal- yay!

And now we're halfway through January and I can said I gained 3 pounds...all because of that cruise. So if you're still with me, that means I'm back to reaching goal #1. But, man, was it worth it. I ate some really good food. The four course meals killed me, but they were all so delicious. My mouth is literally watering as I'm sitting here typing and thinking about all of that food. SO WORTH IT.

So back to reality, again. Time to get back to being down -70 pounds (aka goal #1). I really watched what I ate and my portions. I haven't been eating out at all. I've turned down lunches at restaurants so I can keep eating healthy. Why? Well, I would really like to say because it's time I finally reach my overall goal (I still have 17ish more pounds to go), but you want to know the truth? I leave for Disney in 9 days...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be My Bridesmaid?!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post

Project Life Core Kit- Help, I'm Addicted.