Christmas Wreath

My last wreath wasn't a huge hit with the fiance. I liked it (he didn't like it is an understatement), but he was right it wasn't very Christmasy. And when your favorite time of year there is no reason not to have a Christmas themed wreath.

 I knew what I wanted to do, the problem was I just couldn't find the right supplies...which is frustrating. So of course I went straight to Pinterest. I knew I could get a few ideas from there. And that's when I saw this wreath made with fabric instead of yarn. I felt like it smacked me right in the face. Why in the world had I not thought of this sooner? Fabric and ribbon would be way faster to cover the wreath form...and I'm always looking for easy new ideas.

So I quickly made a run to our Hobby Lobby store to pick up some new material. And now that I had decided to use ribbon it opened up another world of possibilities. It shouldn't be a surprise that I walked out with enough supplies to make 2 different Christmas wreaths. Like I said, when Christmas is your favorite time of year you need to go all out!

Now I know you can't wait to see the wreaths...so here they are in all of their beauty!

It's hanging a little crooked!

Go ahead and say it with me now- OOOOOOH, AAAAAAH!

Isn't she great?! I love this one. It's exactly what I wanted for the holidays.

And here's the next one..a little more "classic"-

Please ignore my hands in this one!

This one caused me the most trouble. The pine cones came in a bundle and on a stick. I cut them off and although they were pretty flat on the bottom, they had a hard time staying. So I had to glue one, stand there and hold it, and let it dry...which was not fun to do 6 times.

The only problem I'm having is since the one side is much heavier it doesn't hang quite like I want it to. You'll see in the 2nd wreath I tried gluing some ribbon loop to hang it from...but it still hangs crooked! Once I figure out how to hang them perfectly I'll be one happy camper!

Here's a list of the supplies I used for each of the wreaths:

WREATH 1 (POLKA DOTS)

30' wired ribbon (in Christmas section)- $9.99 (addl 50% off)
Foam Wreath form- $4.99 (used 40% off coupon)
Felt- already had but it will cost $1 for 4 sheets. I used a sheet of each color.
Bells (Christmas craft section) - $2.99 (addl 50% off)
Light Bulb Charms (Christmas craft section) - $1.99 (addl 50%)
Glitter Balls- These may look familiar. I bought them at Halloween and used them in my Halloween wreath. They're vase fillers and you can find them this time of year too. I bought mine for $4 on sale for a large bag.

TOTAL: Approx. $10.50


WREATH 2 (HOUNDSTOOTH)
Foam Wreath form- $4.99 (used 40% off coupon)
Felt- already had it- I used a sheet of each color.
Bells- left over from the first wreath
Pine Cones- $0.99 bundle of 3 (addl 50%)
Snowflake Accents (Christmas craft section) - $1.99 (addl 50%) found in Christmas craft section.
Plastic Deer- (in Christmas section)- These are actually cupcake toppers! They're $1.99 for the pack (addl 50%)
11' wired ribbon- $4.99 (addl 50%) found in the regular ribbon section.

TOTAL: Approx.  $8.50

Now that I've opened up another realm of possibilities with yarn and fabric- look for even more wreaths now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post