Winter Wreath

Not to brag, but I just came back from my Hawaiian vacation. It was a much needed vacation but I was not excited to come back to the yucky weather.

I lost all sense of time when I was in Hawaii. Thanksgiving Day did not feel like Thanksgiving. It did not feel like NOVEMBER!

One thing was for sure, I was behind on my wreaths! Can you believe it??? Christmas is my favorite time and I didn't have any wreaths?! Blasphemy.

I've spent a lot of time on Pinterest and researching the perfect wreaths to make.

I completed one wreath last night- I still need to make a Christmas one. But the wreath I made last night took a little longer than I expected. And at first I wasn't thrilled with it but I do have to say it's growing on me.



Here she is! My winter pom pom wreath. I really do love all of the colors, but I just wasn't too sure about all of the pom pom! That's a lot of shagginess on that wreath. I must say I think it looks better in person. The cream yarn has gold tinsel in it and the magenta has silver tinsel. Also the purple pops out more in person and doesn't look so royal blue.

So the trick to making pom poms? I found these great tools! It's called the Clover Pom Pom Maker. These are great and super easy to work with. I bought 4 different sizes and used them all for this wreath. If you're considering making some cute pom poms, I would totally buy the pom pom makers. I already have more projects lined up!

Here's what you'll need to make this wreath:
Clover Pom Pom Maker (Large)
Clover Pom Pom Maker (Small)
Yarn
Hot Glue
Wire Wreath- I used the 12" for this one
Embellishments

The rest is cake! Make you pom poms (I made about 1/2 of them first so I could start seeing what they looked like on the wreath). I tied them on to the wire wreath and reenforced with hot glue.  It's as easy as that. The most time consuming part is making all of the pom poms. But if you have a helper, even better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post