Things I Thought I Would NEVER Say: It's time for a lifestyle change

It's been a long time coming....I've decided it was time to make some serious changes to my lifestyle. And, I've decided to document it!

I wasn't super active in staying healthy in college, but I did A LOT of walking. It's amazing how something as simple as walking can help. But let's be honest, walking was about as healthy as it got for this girl. I lived on cookie dough, Taco Bell, chicken nuggets, Crazy Bread....plus the ALL YOU CAN EAT DINING COURT! I hated food like lettuce, brussel sprouts, heck, anything green. My friends would joke and call me Ashlyn "I love brown food" Shaffer. When asked my favorite food I quickly replied with, "Carbs count, right?!"

After college it was difficult to motivate myself to stay active. I found every excuse to not workout. I would tell myself, "there simply isn't enough time in the day to get things done" and forgo the workout. But on lived the Taco Bell, pasta, chicken nuggets, bread diet.  (I should note that salads did make their way in to the meals...)

I finally had a moment where I knew it was time to make a change. Note: A CHANGE. I told myself this would be something that would start small and progress in to a greater change. I told myself it was time.

My life motto has always been, "I'd rather live a happy life by eating foods I love than die hungry." What I didn't realize is that I could still be happy with a healthy lifestyle. You mean I can still have cake?!

So my blog will be taking a break from crafting (as it has for the last TWO YEARS....say whattttt) and focusing on my journey on this lifestyle change. It will be inspired by my dad and his idea to start a blog called "the Ruff way to a healthy lifestyle."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be My Bridesmaid?!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post

Project Life Core Kit- Help, I'm Addicted.