If Only I Could Sweat Off My Weight....

This title makes it sound like all I've done is sweat. I'll be honest, the summer months haven't been too terribly hot here. I feel like I'm usually melting throughout most of my summer but that's not happening QUITE as much this year. We've had some really pleasant days, too! Don't get me wrong, I'm still sweating and it's still hot...but it could be worse....

Things have been super crazy at work so I haven't really had time to sit down and look at my progress. So a new month meant it was time to take a step back to see how things panned out.

Let's just be honest. I haven't been good at walking or yoga. Remember when I said it hasn't been too hot? Well there have been plenty of days where it's been too freaking hot to walk. And the humidity! OYE. That's what makes our summer terrible. And, while we're just adding more excuses to the pile, it's been super busy at work. I've been so exhausted when I get home from work. So much so that I have to fight to stay awake till 8. What does that mean? Well that means the motivation has been seriously lacking.

But I haven't given up. I've still been watching what I eat and trying to get some walking in when I can (or I should say when I feel like it....). So let's look back on my progress and see how I really did....

We all know I weigh myself once a week, usually on Saturday or Sunday. Well, there was a week in June when I gained half a pound. That was a bummer. Honestly that week is an entire blur for me so I don't really remember what I did, or didn't do, to gain that half pound back. However, I was sure to improve for the next week...and I did!

You may remember that last post I decided to set some hefty goals. About a week ago and I was thinking, "What in the world did you do? Why did you set those crazy goals?!" And I was terrified to go back and look at my progress. What if I don't reach any of those goals? Does that mean I've failed?

The answer is no. I haven't failed. I keep looking back to my starting weight and how far I've come. Heck, this weekend I decided to try on all of my clothes in my closet and start getting rid of things that didn't fit. The funny thing is I did this in November, but I was getting rid of the clothes that were too small. I had come to terms with my weight and just felt like I was going to stay there forever. Now I'm getting rid of the clothes that are too big. A tiny part of me is kicking myself for getting rid of those clothes that were too small BUT this means new clothes. I think I can live with that.

And I'm still waiting to buy my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding. I guess I'm still hopeful I'll reach my goal and if I were to buy something now it may not fit in September. Let's hope that really happens. Not that I buy a dress and it not fit but that IF I would have done it, I would have been in those shoes. You know what I mean.

Ok. So my goal. I wanted to be down a total of -25.5 lbs by my sister's wedding. I said that nearly five weeks ago. My goals was to drop 1.5 lbs a week. So how are we doing?

I just looked at my progress and there's hope! I've lost 9 lbs since I wrote that post. That post was five weeks ago. If you can do the math, that means I'm a little over my goal. For those of you hate math, aka me, I needed to be at -7.5 lbs this week. It's like I'm a week ahead! Alright, so we have just under 12 weeks to the wedding and -16.5 lbs to go. That means I need to be at -1.375 lbs (yes, I used a calculator) every week.

I'm officially 55 pounds lighter. I'm starting to see it a little more but not as much as I expected to see when down 50+ pounds. However, I know some people are seeing the difference. I've also expected to be down several sizes in clothes. It's really hard to gauge if that's true. I had shirts in my closet from 1X (I count this as different than XL, one is plus and one is regular) to 3x. I've just ditched the 3x's and most of the 2x's. There are still some 2x's that are big but I can still rock them. Now it's mainly XL tops in my closet. Pants have also been tricky. I love Old Navy's pants, but I'm only down one size for their clothes. HOWEVER I'm down one size and they aren't tight on me. I know some of my older pants I was squeezing in to a year ago. I've been able to shop outside of the plus size section which is a good feeling, especially because prices are usually cheaper (don't get me started on that rant). And there's usually more to select from in the "regular" sizes. I'm going to the outlet mall tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to walk away with some great clothes....while not going too crazy with spending money ;)

WHEW. This blog is a doozey! Thanks for sticking with me till the end. Next time I write, I hope to be making great progress towards my goal. Here goes nothing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post