The time I went to Grandma's

Let me start out my saying the month of July was not nice to me...not nice at all. I was busy with work and then life got hectic. AND I spent a weekend at my grandparent's house....

My grandparents are amazing and I love them dearly, but my Nanny is one to always have WAY TOO MUCH FOOD. Like, it's enough to feed at least 2.5x's the amount of people there. I get it, she wants to make sure everyone is fed and happy but did it put a damper on my weight loss. I tried really hard to be mindful of the amount of food I was eating. It was difficult when food is getting pushed on you, too. AND THEN we had my sister's bridal shower at this great pizza place. There was so much food and my sister and I felt so bad so we did a little binge eating. I can't believe the amount I ate. To be honest, it wasn't some ungodly amount but it was way more than usual. You know when you say "I'm so stuffed I don't think I can eat again..." and then you eat like 4 hours later? Well that actually didn't happen this time. I was so stuffed that I didn't eat until the next day.

And as if I didn't have enough temptations, later that week we went to visit a great Amish town, filled with homemade goodies and noodles and cheese. My weaknesses. All bundled up in one town.

After an entire week of insane eating, I convinced myself to get back on the scale. I was terrified. I knew I hadn't been good and I quickly remembered our Disney trip. Remember, it's the one where I WAS careful and walked a ton and still gained weight. Well, turns out this time around I gained a a pound. I know, I know, that's not bad. But we're at the point were the weight loss is getting difficult and happening in half pounds so gaining a pound felt like it would take 2 weeks to drop. I realized as I was writing this post I haven't weighed myself to see where I'm at right now (aka it's been just over a week since all this madness) but I plan on getting on that scale tomorrow.

So where are we now in the weight loss journey? July was nearly a bust with a loss of 5.2 pounds. I've only lost 2.4 pounds since my last post. Whomp, whomp. According my app I'm officially at -57.4 pounds.

And while we're at it, let's see how I'm doing with my big goal #1. We're nearly 7 weeks away from my sisters wedding. My goal was to be down a total of 70 pounds by then. I've got 12.6 more pounds to go which means I need to step it up and drop 1.8 pounds a week. Ok, that's doable. I might be able to still make it.

These posts are for me to sit back and reflect on my journey. You may say, "Well Ashlyn, you seem to have a lot of excuses" and that's totally true. But I am writing it all down so I can remember what happened and how I can fix it. I know not walking for two months have slowed things down. I know that visiting my grandparents and not being so careful with eating can have an impact on my diet. I know that I have to change things to keep going. I have to motivate myself to walk in the heat. I have to get to that 70 pounds goal in 7 weeks. I have to do it.

Writing these posts really help. After every monthly post I go back through my blog and read the posts from January till now. Yeah, I've read some of these posts over five times but they never get old. It reminds me of where I started and how far I've come in 8 months. Years of bad habits can't be changed overnight. When I think about all I have changed in under 8 months, I'm truly shocked. But I still have some bad habits that will take time to go away. I have faith that I can do it. Just look at where I am today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post