My Trip to Ireland- Day 4

I think I'm starting to adjust to the time a wee bit more. I'm still finding that lunch is the hardest. Dinner, however, is easy! Enough about jet lag and adjusting to time!

On to about my day! (which I am sure you equally care about) Morning started out a little rough. Told mom to wake me up at 8:45...she comes in at 9:25. Now usually I wouldn't complain on catching a few more z's, but when you have to catch a bus at 10 and you have to shower and dry your thick, long hair it's nearly impossible to to get ready in that amount of time. So needless to say the hair wasn't as dry as I would have liked. We hopped on the bus and got to our double decker tour bus. We sat outside. Which was freezing. And my hair was wet, making it worse. The bus tour was pretty great though. We learned all about the history in Ireland,mass where the Titanic was built, and learned some interesting facts.

Once the tour was over, we had about 2 hours to kill so I FINALLY got my chance to go in to Primark to shop. I could have walked out of that store with a new wardrobe, but only came out with a tank and a sweater (hoot-rah). Then it was time for lunch...and we decided to stop at......wait for it" ..McDonalds. True story. But this McDonalds was pretty great. The menu was similar but had some different items. I got these Mexican spicy chicken strips and mom got a chicken mayo sandwich with onion rings.

 After lunch, we ventured down to City Hall for our private tour. Yes...private tour. Hailey met this guy at Queens who is a student and City Councilman and he offered to give us a tour. We learned some more about this history of Belfast and got to see their beautiful City Hall. City Hall was covered in marble and stain glass windows. It was breathtaking. We also got the chance to meet a few past Lord Mayors and also met the youngest councilman who just turned 20. After our tour, Collin takes us to his office/party gathering space/other offices for some tea and biscuits (aka cookies). We sit and chat some more, and then he gives us genuine leather wallets with the Belfast crest and pens. In all honesty, we were almost treated like royalty there. It was awesome. I should add too that I'm trying to work on my Irish accent. Collin and I shared a little funny moment today and when I was telling my mom and sister about it, I put on my Irish accent. It wasn't too bad. Could have been worse. Could have been better also. Well. That about does it. And just like the other day I want to leave you with a few more words they say over here:

People mover = car Craic = a good time (it's pronounced like crack)

Sitting at the Lord Mayor's chair in City Hall
Beautiful stain glass window from City Hall
Picture of City Hall from our bus tour


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post