My Trip to Ireland- Day 6

Well I guess I knew the day would come when I wouldn’t have much exciting things to say about our day in Belfast. We met up with Jackie and her son Daniel (these are the people I talked about in my other blogs who are from America and live here now). They took us to Hillsborough. I guess this is where anyone of status (like the US President or the Queen) would come to stay if they were visiting N. Ireland. This little town was very quaint, green and quiet. It was cute. We just walked around the town and chatted about things. We stopped in to a cute little store and then in a bakery, where I ordered a shortbread biscuit. I don’t know why, but the shortbread biscuits here are soooooo yummy! Then we venture down the street in to another cute little store. Mom was having me look at some jewelry and I was saying things like “aw, how cute.” and “I love that!” and “how adorable?!” Then the cashier looks and me and says, “I could just sit and listen to your accent all day. I just love the way you talk! Like you say adorable!” it was too funny. And what makes it even better is that I just asked Hailey, “What do you think our accents sound like to the Irish here?” and she replied, “sloppy.”

Jackie drops us off at our flat and leaves for home to prepare for our dinner. Mom and I grab a bite to eat and head to the Ulster Museum. The Ulster Museum is just like most museums in the states, but it’s free. There was so much to see: from art to furniture, from the ice age to under the sea. The cooler thing we got to see was a mummy. They had unwrapped a mummy and then did a clay reconstruction of her face. It was creepy yet amazing.

After the museum mom and I head back to relax before dinner. As mom and I look around the messy, messy flat, we decide we need to start thinking about packing. Now there are some pros and cons to packing:
Mom brought a large suitcase and was 50 lbs. I brought one that was 35 lbs. both of our suitcases had things we were leaving in Ireland, therefore making our suitcases lighter for the voyage home.
With that being said, my sister had figured out the same thing and decided she would give us a bunch of stuff to take back with us. So now mom and I are trying to figure out how to pack the bags.
Another thing we must keep in mind, it’s a 20 minute walk on crooked, brick, uneven sidewalks to get to the bus. And we have to lug the suitcases..down the streets of Belfast…
Don’t worry, you’ll hear all about how it goes.

Ok, back to the day. We head to the Melin family for dinner. Dinner consisted of chicken, roasted veggies and baked potatoes (that were AMAZING). Then Jackie brings out a plate of biscuits and she had gone and bought shortbread ones just for me!! Seriously, so good. I haven’t met a shortbread here that I haven’t liked. And I’ve had quite a few! We sit around and share stories about our lives and give the 3 boys (ages 5-10) their presents we brought them: pez, goldfish crackers and fun dips. They were so excited. That then made me sit there and think, if I moved away from the states what would I miss the most? I honestly have no idea. Oh wait, I know!! PEANUT BUTTER!! I also haven’t seen wheat thins, so I would want some of those. I’ll have to keep thinking of what else I would ask for. Anyway, after chatting we head back to the flat and here I am writing about my not-so-exciting day.
Tomorrow is our last free day/full day in Belfast! Hailey has a surprise for us, so I’m very interested to see what that turns out to be. More to come tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post

Project Life Core Kit- Help, I'm Addicted.