The Joy of Pinterest and Indiana Weather

Half way through our baking madness!
Oh Indiana weather, how art thou? I'll tell you. Sucky. Yep. It's absolutely disgusting outside. Last night we got slammed with the Icecapades. And who wants to travel in that mess? Not me...or my sister. So last night we decided to have It'sSnowingSleetingWeDon'tWantToGoOut Baking Madness 2013! So with our mad baking skills, and the help of Pinterest, we had an Irish themed baking night.



 


First up- Bailey's Irish Cream Cupcakes! It was all Hailey on this recipe. But I was the official taste tester. And I have to say they turned out pretty good! We couldn't taste the Bailey's too much after they had baked, so if you really want the flavor don't be afraid to add more! You can find the recipe here! Of course, ours look pretty different than the pictures. We used an almond frosting and added a little bit of Irish Cream to it. Made the frosting pretty messy...but still yummy!



Next- Honey Beer Bread. Mmmmmm. Bread. Who doesn't love bread? But  here's the funny part about this recipe, we left out the honey. So it's just beer bread, yay! But we did use Leinenkuge's Lemon Berry Shandy as our beer of choice. Click here for the recipe.


Last, but not least- Scottish Shortbread Cookies! When I visited Ireland, this was my cookie of choice. I could not get enough shortbread. It's a pretty easy recipe. And you can bet your bottom dollar that..well not tomorrow...but soon I'll make this recipe again! It may not look too pretty, but as you could tell we had already enjoyed a few. So delicious. I'm actually thinking about how I could eat that entire pan right now. Want to try it out the recipe for yourself? Here ya go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post