Tales of Week 1 from the Hilly, Nauseating Road.

Last year around this time, I decided to write down some of my adventures to Southern Indiana while traveling for my old job. I figured it's time to share some of these adventures. Enjoy!


Most people think staying in hotels and eating out for a week sounds like a pretty nice time..but chances are they haven’t done that..ever. I’ve decided it’s time to keep entries of my travels this year. Last year I was the new counselor. I had no idea what to expect. This year I at least have an idea, but there’s still room for surprises!
Let me start off by saying southern Indiana is beautiful…and big…and has so many curvy roads. So many. Like to the point where I sometimes I have slow down because I’m starting to feel car sick. It’s so great. What makes it even more great is when you’re on your way to your VERY FIRST visit and the traffic is completely stopped. Dead stop. Man, I was on a roll too! So instead of 25 minutes early I was 25 minutes late. I thought things could only go up. Guess what. The next day I run into a detour that takes me an hour out of my way. All I kept thinking was if this was how my first 2 days of travel were like, what would the rest of the season look like?

So let’s start off with the good.
(I feel bullets are necessary…otherwise this blog will be 10 pages.)
- Cafeteria pizza. Yep. I was FINALLY offered my first FREE school lunch during a lunch visit. These visits are my least favorite but free food makes it somewhat bearable.
- Speaking of lunch visits, no one ever comes up to my table. So this allows plenty of time to plan my fantasy team for the next week.
- A/C vents in your car are great to unmelt chocolate. Just stick and Kit Kat in there, turn on the A/C, and poof. Perfecto.
- I saw a sign that said “No political bull crap signs here” in someones yard.

THE BAD
- Country stations. They’re everywhere. EVERYWHERE! I like to get my country fix every now and then, but 12 stations are a little too much.
- Kids still play hacky sack (did I even spell that right?!). And they play right in front of my table.
- I don’t have too many schools that are massive, but one of mine is and I’ve gotten lost for the 2nd year in a row now. Winning.
- A school as a special sections for kids with peanut allergies (seriously, it’s quarantined). There’s a sign on the table that says, “No Nuts Allowed”. I’m sure you know where my mind went.

THE UGGGGLY - Freshmen boys. They try so hard to show off. And ask for free stuff. They even ask if your plain black Bic pens are free. (What’s even worse is when the National Guard has been there the day before and gave out a ton of free stuff)
- If T-Swift tells her ex one more time that they are never, ever, ever getting back together I may flip. I also wish that guy would just call Carly Rae Jepsen already so I can stop hearing about it, or hear about Fun’s nights. These songs are getting on my last nerve.

Ok, so that does it for this week. More to come because I’m on the road for a while this fall! Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post