A Happy New Year

Facebook can be a great tool to find out the latest dirt on your high school nemesis. And it can also be a tool to remind you of how uneventful your life is.

I decided to ring in the new year browsing my news feed, being reminded of all the 2013 weddings, life accomplishments from 2012, parties in the city to ring in the year. As I sit here watching My Fair Lady, still in my pjs, I try and figure out what my brag points are for the year. They all seem so minuscule compared to my Facebook peeps. But I don't feel a darn bit bad about it. I love musicals! I love wearing elastic waistbands and T-shirts! But really, I've had a year of happiness and sorrow just like many others. I've had the joy of spending much time with my family, surviving (I mean celebrating!!) over 4 years with Brandon, celebrating marriages of some of my best friends (as well as engagements too!), and continuing to have a steady job where I'm surrounded by some of my friends. And I would not trade that for anything.

Then we have the dreaded tradition of establishing a New Years Resolution. Really? Setting a goal for the entire year? Not that I like taking the easy way out, but I always set the same goal every year: have fun, be happy, and live life to the fullest. Seems like a good goal right? You can define whatever you want for that. Being happy could mean be surrounded by friends, living a healthy lifestyle, going on vacation, whatever you want!!

So for 2013, I wish you a year full of happiness, a year full of fun, and a year of living your life to the fullest. Bring it on 2013. I'm ready for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be My Bridesmaid?!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post

Project Life Core Kit- Help, I'm Addicted.