My Newest Discovery - Project Life


When my parents were building our house back in the early 2000s, there was one thing my mom insisted on- having cabinets in our laundry room for scrapbooking. I was never really in to the scrapbook scene growing up...my mom always did it for us. I have a scrapbook from middle school, one dedicated to our 8th grade trip to D.C., a book for high school, and one just for band. Scrapbooking was my moms outlet. It always seemed that I was all gun-hoe about it and by the time we'd pull all of the materials out to the table, I was done. I just got overwhelmed so easily. How could I fill up a 12x12 page and make it look good?

Thanks to an old friend from high school's blog, I've made a new discovery- Project Life. I was looking at her pictures and was so intrigued by this new way to scrapbook so I decided to do some research (and yes I even created a Pinterest board).

After my research, I wasn't too sure if this was truly for me. Documenting every week for a year? I'm already horrible at taking pictures when I'm with friends so how am I going to remember taking pictures of the most random things? And plus, my life isn't even that exciting to document every week. Then I found a blog -  Advice for PL Newbies. After reading it, I felt much better about my approach.

In the last few years I've traveled to New York, Louisiana, Missouri, Oregon, Las Vegas, Nashville, Ireland. I've graduated from college and got a job... and have NEVER scrapbooked them! I felt that PL was an easy way to start! The thing I loved about PL was more about the layout. I felt like it was creating mini scrapbook pages instead of one large one. I looked around my apartment and realized I was lacking in the scrapbook department. So I quickly headed to Hobby Lobby to buy some goodies.

And now...introducing....


... my cover page! Ta-da! I think I've decided my book is going to be more of a highlight book (note "The Good Stuff" at the bottom of the page). I found a ton of adorable ideas on Pinterest but I just don't have the supply stock right now to make it as detailed, hence the simplicity of the pages.


 I needed something generic to put on the back of my cover page. Something that wouldn't date so I could begin my book where ever I wanted. Nothing better than adding a page dedicated to your animals!

I'm really still trying to decide on the format of my book. Do I want it to be more of a highlight book? Or do I want it to truly be a Project Life book and document each week? Or maybe bi-weekly? I think I'm going to start this week by documenting and see how it goes from there.

I'll keep you posted on all of my pages and ideas for PL!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post