Can You Feel The Love Tonight...

Growing up with your parents owning a Hallmark store makes it hard not to over do it on the holidays. I blame that store for my need to decorate for every holiday (except for Presidents Day, MLK Day, Columbus Day...you get the idea). And for the reason I am constantly buying holiday decor, even if it's buying Christmas merchandise in June. My Christmas decor just came down last week and I'm feeling the need to be festive. It would figure the next holiday is my least favorite...


Valentine's Day. You either love it or hate it. When I was in elementary I loved it! Handing out Disney Princess, Rolie Polie Olie, or cute baby animal valentines. (And yes, I was the kid with the awesome shoebox that everyone was jealous over) And the candy. That was the life.

Then we get old. Your classmates don't bring you glittery Lisa Frank or Marvel Superhero valentines and they don't give you candy. Instead you have to find a boyfriend to get this (well the candy at least). And that's where I'd ask myself, 'Is a box of chocolate really worth dealing with a boyfriend?' Now note that I never had a serious boyfriend when Valentine's Day rolled around. It was so much easier to go the store the day after and buy myself a box of chocolates with the Valentine's Day money my grandparents sent me.

Boy. That made me sound like a real loser when it comes to Valentine's Day. Poor little Ashlyn, buying herself discounted chocolate for herself because she had no valentine. That's not true. Chocolate was my valentine. Bahahaha. I can't believe I just said that.

My how times have changed. I can say that I've managed to have the same Valentine for the last 4 (going on 5) years. But we're still not in to all of that lovey dovey crap. And if I'm lucky I'll get some type of candy. And if he's lucky I'll try to find a funny card to give him. (I must add this is a lot harder then you may think. Trust me. I've already started the hunt.)

So much history....

Now that we've learning Ashlyn's Valentine History it's time to get to the real reason for the blog. A new wreath! Yay!


Things you need:
Red Heart Super Saver yarn- Candy Print
12" styrofoam wreath
felt
glue gun

How to:
The biggest trick on this wreath is getting the hearts to strand from one side to the other.  I took a piece of yarn and created 2 lines about an inch apart for support. I didn't do anything special with the yarn, that's how it turned out!

Another easy wreath to help solve your case of the holiday decor fever. Because..





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post