Wedding Planning Mania!

Do you smell that? It smells like flowers and love. Haha, that was so lame. But wedding season is in the air! Although I still have plenty of time before my big day (and no I haven't decided a date yet), I'm feeling a lot of pressure to make it extraordinary. So many people are aware of my creative gene that I think it's safe to say I have a lot to live up to.

Pinterest is a godsend. Yet it is my worst enemy. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a dream wedding Pinterest board before I was engaged...But I wasn't one of those girls who had HUNDREDS of pins. Plus Brandon and I had been together for 4 years, so I figured that was enough justification.
My original ideal wedding was set in the fall. It was going to have pumpkins for the main decor and burnt orange and deep purple would be the colors. Then I got engaged and started browsing on Pinterest...and that all changed. I totally wiped my board clean. I loved the idea of getting married in the spring and using peonies in the bouquets. I had narrowed it down to 2 different color palettes to pick from- coral, mint, and gold or dusty rose, ivory, gold, and sage.

I continued searching online and then found some fall ideas I loved. I fell in love with the deep colors of purple and raspberry pink, with golden mustard and greens. I finally told myself enough was enough. I will never be able to make a decision if I keep looking for general ideas. So I finally decided to go with my last finding:
Wait...don't the colors match my blog?! Coincidence , I think not :) Thanks to design-seeds.com I found other colors I absolutely adore but have decided to save those for my first house :)
And one of my ideas has not changed- the bridemaids dresses. (Cue music) DUN DUN DUNNNNNN! Some of the typical bridesmaid dresses you see look adorable, but to spend all of that money and just to wear it for ONE day?! I read a stat in a magazine that over 85% of bridesmaids will never wear their bridesmaid dress again. So why have my brides spend over $150 for a dress just for one day? Something I've gone head over heals for are the mix-matched dress.


How cute is that?! I did take a while deciding what color I would want my bridesmaids to have. First I thought beige, then purple, then that deep pink. After finding this picture I've decided on the darker purples and darker pinks. Need a better idea? (Please ignore the fact that it looks like a 2nd grader pieced it together)


Some of my "new" ideas have been so close to those original ideas. But no pumpkins for me!
I've decided to decorate with wood and mason jars. I still want to have that fall rustic feel. But I'm still finding just so much I love on Pinterest! Curse you Pinterest, curse you.

So stayed tuned to hear about the next big decision I make. I think the colors was a huge item to check of my to do list. I know, I know the date is the biggest. I'll get to that....sometime :) But next I need to figure out a creative way to ask my ladies to be bridesmaids. SO MUCH PRESSURE!

Want to check out some of my other ideas? Click here and head on over to see my Pinterest board.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post