Fifty Shades (but mainly days) of Healtier Ashlyn

Oh, how I tried to come up with a clever title when I realized we are officially 50 days in! Nope. It's not happening today.

Part of me can't believe it's been 50 days...while another part of me is like, what?! ONLY 50 DAYS?

Yep....50 days friends. So where I am in terms of my goal? Well, we have two scales in our house that are EXACTLY three pounds off from each other. So, according to one scale I am nearly 22 pounds down from my start weight. My favorite scale has me at 25 pounds lighter (I bet you can now tell why that scale is my favorite). I have a doctors appointment on Monday so that will be the true test.

Alright, so we're making progress. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You always want progress to happen much faster than it actually does. It actually took me looking back at my 33 days blog to see that I've lost ten more pounds since then. It sure doesn't seem like it. I'm ready to put the clothes on I own and for them not to fit because they are too big. I'm ready for people to notice I've lost the weight. I am ready for me to look in the mirror and think, "Oh yeah, it's noticeable.Your hard work is paying off." But we're not there yet. Not even close. I can tell I've lost weight in my hands, my chest and upper shoulders. Big whoop dee freakin do. MY FINGERS?! REALLY? The places I really want it to melt off (face, stomach and thighs) look exactly the same. It's frustrating, really frustrating, to think about how much hard work you've put in to this change and how little is noticeable. I know, I know, it takes time. Nothing happens overnight, but I just want to tell it like it is.

And, to be honest, there have been some days of set backs. The first month was NO fast food, no ordering pizza, no cookies or cakes. This month has been a little different. The ONLY fast food I have had is Wendy's (and that was only one time). We're ordered pizza a few times, and I've had a few breadsticks here and there, but I'm continuing to think about how much I eat. I finally ate a cookie...and part of me wishes I hadn't. I love sweets, so eating just one and continuing to lose the weight has turned in to, "Oh, there's a cookie in the workroom...maybe just ONE..." I need to be better at resisting temptation. And I will. I mean Rome wasn't built in one night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post