Fall Splendor

It's been a while since I made a wreath...a long while. I'm pretty sure the last one I made was my Easter one.

I always mean to take pictures of all of my supplies and I always forget. So I'll just give you the ONLY picture I took...and it's dark. I'm really winning on this one.



Things you need:
Glue gun (with glue stick obviously)
Styrofoam wreath
colored felt
fabric
buttons
1 thing of yarn
plastic pumpkins (I found mine at Michaels)
grapevine magic thing (I have no idea what it's called but I got mine at JoAnn's)

Cost/How to save:
Glue gun- if you already own, bam! There's some savings. If you don't own, venture to your nearest craft store and pick up a Low Temperature glue gun. I spent $2.70. Not too shabby.
Glue sticks- $3.99 at Michael's and used a 40% off coupon.
Styrofoam wreath- I think this is the easiest kind of wreath to work with. I used a 14" wreath that coast $4.99 at Hobby Lobby. And used a 40% off coupon from their website.
Colored felt- On the wreath above, I used 3 colors of felt and almost used a full sheet of each color. Hobby Lobby sells felt 4/$1.00. Can you say, "Hello good deal?!"
Fabric- I bought the little roll of fabric they sell at JoAnn's by the quilting squares. It's $1.49 and you can use a 40% coupon.
Buttons- this is totally optional. I liked that it added a little more glitz to my wreath. I bought these little guys at JoAnn's and got them on clearance for $0.25.
Yarn- I can't remember what brand I used! I think it was Red Heart Super Saver yarn at Hobby Lobby. I'm pretty sure the color is Pumpkin Spice, or something close to that.

My totals:


$2.99- wreath
$1.00- felt
$0.25- buttons
$2.00 yarn (I used my coupon)
$1.50- pumpkins
$1.49- fabric
$1.50 grapevine frill

Grand total: $10.73

Honestly, I think I could do without the frill on the left. I was making it with a bunch of friends around and they all agreed it was the way to go. But if you're looking to save money I would cut this first. Second thing I could but is the fabric although I really like mine. It's orange leaves so it gives it texture.  Plus I have a lot left over so it will be great to use on something else.

My total for the wreath I'll make from the leftovers:
$2.99- wreath
$0.50-felt
$1.50 pumpkins

Grand total: $4.99 = the perfect present!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post