Tales of Week 4 from the Hilly, Nauseating Road.

Here's another page of my journal of last year's travel adventures!

The end is near, I can see it. (Actually the end is already here because I’m writing this 2 weeks late. Go Ashlyn.)
This week of travel is one I dreaded the most- 4 night hotel stay in Evansville. NOOOOOOOOO. That means I have to figure out how to spend my evenings in lovely Evansville..please be nice to me Eville (see what I did there..because I think Evansville is evil.)

Random story from the road time! Remember when we were younger and the boys totally thought there were couches in the girls bathroom? And we totally told them there were? Well…I hit the holy grail this week. I walked into the faculty bathroom and TA-DAAAAAAA! There in front of me sat a large couch. I had only ever imagined of such a thing. Did my dreams finally come true?! If you honestly think my dreams would be finding a couch in a bathroom, you’re dumb and wrong. My dreams are way better..like going on a shopping spree, snow of Christmas day, meeting Santa at the North Pole and getting a grand tour, hanging out with the gang from Eureka’s Castle. Clearly way better than a bathroom couch.

So here’s the list for the week:
The Good
-Halloween sales galore. Hello new owl decor!
- I had some girls come in to see me and tell me “you’re really pretty”. Listen, I’m flattered, really. But I’d be way more flattered if you came in because you were interested in UIndy and not just because you wanted to tell me I’m pretty.
- I finally got to enjoy some free drink coupons at my hotel!

The Bad
-Got to my last school early. Sweet I’ll get to head back to Indy early. Wrong.
- Election Day caused me to only meet with 1 student each at the 2 schools I went to.

The UGGGLY

-This cannot be a quick one. I must write it out so you really get the feel for this awkward moment. I pull up to this school and notice the lawn guy keeps looking at me. He’s probably 18/19 and picking up all the leaves with some type of machine (ok, now you know how NOT handy I am.) Anyway, I’m packing up my things and notice the sound of this machine getting closer and closer to me. Still minding my own business, I pack up my things but the sound is so loud that I look over and there he is standing right next to my car. And he’s just starring at me. Ok, this is awkward. But I bet he needs me to move my car. So I shout, “DO YOU NEED ME TO MOVE?” He can’t hear me. So he has to turn off his machine, I ask again and he just shakes his head now and then runs off. The end. Ashlyn’s face probably turned a little pink and felt embarrassed for the guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

My Creativity Has Returned!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post