Let's Be Crafty!

Alright, time to give my shout out to Pinterest. Why is that site just so awesome? With the holidays right around the corner, I've decided it's time to start putting those pins to use. So here is the first project of December: A Yarn Wreath.


I didn't even think about taking pictures of my wreath making process but it was so incredibly simple! So instead of telling you what to do, I'm going to help you save on making the wreath.

Things you need:
Glue gun (with glue stick obviously)
Styrofoam wreath
colored felt
buttons
1 spool of yarn (are they called spools? I know a lot about being crafty but nothing about sewing or knitting)

Cost/How to save:
Glue gun- if you already own, bam! There's some savings. If you don't own, venture to your nearest craft store and pick up a Low Temperature glue gun. I spent $2.70. Not too shabby.
Glue sticks- $3.99 at Michael's and used a 40% off coupon.
Styrofoam wreath- I think this is the easiest kind of wreath to work with. I used a 14" wreath that coast $4.99 at Hobby Lobby. And used a 40% off coupon from their website.
Colored felt- I had no idea how much felt I would use so I bought wayyyy too much and returned most of it. On the wreath above, I used 4 colors of felt and didn't use a full sheet of each color. Hobby Lobby sells felt 4/$1.00. Can you say, "Hello good deal?!"
Buttons- this is totally optional. I liked that it added a little more glitz to my wreath. I bought these little guys at Jo Ann's and used a 50% off coupon on them, making them only $1.25.
Yarn- Piece of advice- go cheap but not too cheap on this one. I made the mistake of buying the REALLY cheap stuff and found it took me longer to wrap because it was so thin. On my 2nd wreath I made I used the Red Heart Super Saver yarn ($2.99). It was perfect. I also had enough yarn from each wreath to make 2 more (one in each color).

My totals:
$2.70- glue gun
$2.39- glue sticks
$2.99- wreath
$1.00- felt
$1.25- buttons
$2.99 yarn

Grand total: $13.32

But my total for the wreath I made from the leftovers:
$2.99- wreath
$1.50- buttons

Grand total: $4.49 = the perfect Christmas present!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be My Bridesmaid?!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post

Project Life Core Kit- Help, I'm Addicted.