PL- the month of March

I have a confession. I may or may not have had some of these pages done before doing previous months. Yes, it's true. I had finished these next few pages before I had finished the pages from my last post. But I wanted to start with the events that were current and I had the strongest memories of!

Enough of my confession. Now, I bring to you my workings from the rest of March. Whoooot.

Side note, some of my weeks got a little wonky because I had some pretty important events happen that I didn't want to limit on my documenting.(you'll soon see what I mean)


week of March 17th- WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN? I always get one photo that loads in the direction I don't want it to! But you still get the idea here. This week we celebrated the President's  Inauguration. I was very active on a committee so I decided to commemorate the week!
You can't tell in the picture, but I used a beautiful avocado washi tape (my newest obsession)! It's made by We R Memory Makers. I found it at my local Archiver's store. They didn't have too many colors, but I did pick up every shade they had- avocado, coral, pumpkin, sea foam, and butter. Ok, I guess they did have a lot of colors but they didn't have all of the colors...there. That makes me feel a little better.
still on the week of March 17th- Joey and Lacey's Wedding!
 I decided to take their rehearsal dinner invite and use it in the layout. It was too long for just one slot, so I did the classic trick of cutting it and using it in 2 windows!
And now time for the wedding! One of my favorite things about this page is they used ribbon wands after the ceremony. I managed to snag one for myself and used the ribbon in part of the layout. The paper I used is part of My Mind's Eye- Lost and Found Part 2 collection.


And here's another favorite- a photo booth at the wedding. Again, I managed to keep a hold of these beauties to use on my page. The stickers came from Michael's and was one of the $1 sticker books. I think they're really made for children but for $1 I couldn't pass them up! AND the theme of the sticker book was photo booth- even better.
week of March 24th- Something I've been struggling with is what to do when I go on vacation this year? I don't want to document all of my trips in my 2013 PL book (even though it is something that happened that year). So I've made a "Trip" book to hold all of these memories. You may notice some pictures repeat in my PL book as well as my Trip book.
Using another one of my favorites- the map! You can't see our airline tickets, but I also used those with my favorite, washi tape.


After our memorable trip to FL Brandon made a super sweet card to give to my parents (and totally surprised me with it). He took it to Walgreens to get printed and ran in to a little trouble with the size and margins. I figured it was best to just trim it up a little :)

My firework paper came from Hobby Lobby in the single sheet section. The Disney stickers were purchased at my local Dollar Tree- 4 sheets for, you guessed it, ONE DOLLAR!!!

I used just the regular 8 1/2 x 11 cover for a little stand alone page. I love mixing things up!
Stay tuned for my April pages. Don't worry, they're already completed...just have to make you wait it out :)

....and just in case you were wondering, I HAVE started the first week of May so I'm not too far behind! Yay for catching up!

Comments

  1. Those wedding pages are really cute. P.S. I have the same thoughts for vacation in PL. I still want to make scrap layouts for these events, but I want them in the book too. I just do a lot of overlapping and I think that's ok. I'm jealous that you're almost caught up! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! At first I thought it was silly to have some of the same pictures in 2 books, but I quickly got over that.
    And I am so relieved I'm almost caught up. But these next few weeks are a little busy so I'm sure I'll get behind again...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams Do Come True

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post

Project Life Core Kit- Help, I'm Addicted.