PL- look at me go!

Yes, I really did find $2! Best day ever.
The weather here in Indiana has been getting warmer, but a little too humid for me! I don't "glow" or "glisten" very well in this humid weather. And my hair doesn't look so hott either. So to save myself from looking like one hott mess out in public, why not look that way in the comfort of my own home? I figured it's the perfect time to play catch-up on my Project Life! Yay! I was SUPER far behind. Like embarrassingly far behind. How far behind? Well...let me show you.

 Hmm...does that say January 27? Why yes, yes it does. JANUARY. Yep. I was that far behind. But the good news is I'm getting caught up!

A few tricks about this layout- the paint chip, invitation, and confetti. I just love how paint chips can give that nice variety of color and they're easy to write on! The confetti took a while to grow on me. (in fact it's still growing...) But it's cute and festive and fits nicely with the next page. The February paper came from Michael's Recollection Season 8x8 paper pack.
So you want more tricks? Ok! Here's one- I used my valentine cards to fill in the spaces in place of paper! I do love the idea of having the cards in tact in a smaller layout but I decided to mix things up a bit!
Whoops. I forgot to take pictures of a few pages. Oh well, we'll jump to March! And here I am using one of my favorite tricks again- the postcard! 






Nothing too special about this one. I'm more of a simple girl as you can tell here. I did happen to get my friend's business card to incorporate in the layout! This paper came from the $2 bins at Michael's!



This week centered all around my biggest event I plan for my job! Isn't that hedgehog sticker so cute?! Purchased him at Joann's in the $1 bins up front. You'll get to see some of the other stickers that came with it soon!

Ok, let's be honest here. There were quite a few weeks I didn't do a very good job at documenting (pictures and memories). Work was getting SUPER busy and I was gearing up for my FL trip. Life just got in the way. And quite honestly, I was still trying to get a hang of this PL thing.

I've said this before, but as you can tell from my layouts I have more of a simplistic approach. I don't have a printer of my own so that really limits me as well. I STILL hadn't purchased a PL Core Kit (shame, shame) and I think that would have made things a little easier to enhance. Enough excuses. I'm still proud of my book!

I really like to focus more on pictures and some journaling, where some people enjoy more journaling and less pictures. And I think that's what's cool about blogs and Pinterest. You can see what other people are doing and develop a style of your own and get fabulous ideas! You can decide what you want your book to look like. It's totally up to you and as like as you are happy with it, that's all that matters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be My Bridesmaid?!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post

Project Life Core Kit- Help, I'm Addicted.