Project Life Core Kit- Help, I'm Addicted.

First step is admitting you have a problem. At least I can admit that.

When I started this whole journey, I wasn't very well equipped. (Well that sounds dirty..whoops. We all know where my mind is!) As I've said before, I hardly did any scrapbooking in college and relied on my mom's supplies. (I originally had 'goodies' there and when I reread it I thought to myself ew. That doesn't sound too good there..yes my mind went there, again.) So when I decided to start my PL book I was starting pretty much from scratch. A friend had told me all about Becky Higgins and the Project Life brand and I was immediately intrigued. I would spend time online looking at the products and other bloggers use of the Core Kits. I was liking what I was seeing. But I wasn't a huge fan of the price. I just wasn't too sure if I could fully commit to $30 for scrapbook cards. Especially because a lot of other brands were catching on the the crazy:

- mambi Pocket Pages: These are super cute and I could get 72 cards at Michael's full price for $5 (and even cheaper if I used my 40% off coupon). True, if you do the math in order to get the same amount of cards in the PL Core Kit you'd have to spent over $40 for these. But I liked that I could get a variety of cards and wasn't committed to just one "theme".

- Recollections Creative Chaos Journal Tag: Also another adorable item I found that worked well in the 3x4 slots for my pages. These also ran about $5 (full price) at Michael's.

- SMASH Pad: Even though these are too small for the 3x4 slot, they were still nice to use with an accent color in the back. Plus they were fairly cheap and range around $1.99-$3.00 depending on where you purchase them.

Allison Kreft Abad even jumped on the journaling cards with her line Photo Freedom. At one time I bought the single sheet cards until Hobby Lobby started carrying packs of the cards.

So you see my dilemma? Quite frankly, I was overwhelmed. I was always finding journaling cards that I liked. And I liked that I could get a variety. I thought a PL Core Kit would be in my hands sometime, but not until I received it as a gift. Until....

the Blush Edition
..Hobby Lobby decided to carry Becky Higgins products. And let me tell you, I was stalking my local HL when I found out. I figured this was a sign from the scrapbook gods. I needed to buy a core kit. As soon as HL told me they had just put them on the shelves, I marched right in to the store and picked up the Honey Edition...and used my 40% off coupon.

Some of my faves from Blush!
And I'm in love. I love the kit so much. So much that I went to HL yesterday to pick up another kit. Yes, another. And use my 40% off coupon.

Something came over me. I had to get another kit before they ran out again! Seriously, they will start carrying this product and eventually the demand won't be as high. But that logic didn't stop me...I'm such a loser. I stood in HL with the Blush and Midnight editions both in hand, trying to make the difficult decision. Which one do I pick? Such a hard decision! The Midnight is GOR-GEOUS! And the colors of Blush were AMAZING. Decisions, decisions.

Don't you just <3 these?!
But I could not be happy with the one I got. I had looked at some pictures online and although I didn't dislike the kit, I didn't LOVE it either. Until I opened the box last night.


Good news for us- more retailers will start carrying Becky Higgins products! Yay! Bad news- more retailers will start carrying BH products. Thanks goodness for coupons.

Wondering what stores will carry the line? Becky Higgins already has a blog for you with the locations and stores...so start saving your money!

Comments

  1. I haven't seen a lot of the blush, so looking at those photos-- AHHH! So pretty! That must have been a tough decision between Midnight and Blush. I'm probably going to go check out our selection today and see what's up. I don't think I have the current funds to buy another kit, but who knows what will happen when the Scrap Fever sets in while standing in the aisle. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling the Midnight will be in my hands soon too...I just love it so much! That and the holiday mini kit! Good thing there are 40% off coupons :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be My Bridesmaid?!

I DID IT! Last PL 2013 Post